COVID-19 crisis is creating extreme uncertainty for REIQ members and the wider real estate profession, affecting how business should be done and unsettling individual staff. The REIQ remains focused on the health and safety of its members, staff and local communities across Queensland and is monitoring and responding to the situation as it evolves daily.
FAST FACTS: THREE-DAY LOCKDOWN
The State Government has issued a three-day lockdown commencing 6pm Tuesday 29 January for the following LGAs: Townsville, Palm Island, Brisbane, Ipswich, Logan City, Moreton Bay, Redlands, Sunshine Coast, Noosa, Somerset, Lockyer Valley, Scenic Rim and Gold Coast.
From 6pm Tuesday 29 January to 6pm Friday 2 July, agencies in these areas need to be aware of the following:
- No in-person inspections, open homes or auctions can occur during lockdown – you may revert to virtual options where permissible.
- Plan ahead for Saturday. If you are planning to hold opens or auctions on Saturday, given the rapidly changing landscape you may wish to consider online alternatives or at minimum, implementing a back-up option which may include planning for stricter occupant density restrictions. In your advertising material for auctions or open homes, you might wish to use the wording “Subject to COVID requirements”.
- Any essential work that cannot be completed from home can be done in the workplace.
- Obligations to satisfy legal requirements can proceed e.g. settlement of property, handing over keys in accordance with tenancy agreements etc.
Further information from the Queensland Government can be found here.
Further Updates from 28 June 2021:
New restrictions are effective from 1am Tuesday, 29 June for the 11 local government areas (LGAs) of Brisbane, Ipswich, Logan City, Moreton Bay, Redlands, Sunshine Coast, Noosa, Somerset, Lockyer Valley, Scenic Rim and Gold Coast. The REIQ has provided real estate agents operating in these LGAs with an updated poster to display at open homes and inspections. Download the poster here.
Agencies in these LGAs are reminded that:
- Staff must carry a face mask with them at all times
- Businesses return to the one person per 4m² inside and one person per 2m² outdoor. smaller venues up to 200m² are allowed one person per 2m² with a maximum of 50 people.
- Gatherings in private residential homes are capped to 30 people, inclusive of the agent.
Social distancing and good hygiene practices are mandatory, and contact information must be kept about all guests and staff for contact tracing purposes for 56 days. This information includes name, address and mobile phone number. The REIQ has developed an Information Collection Notice and Information Collection Form to assist in this process.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: From 1am 9 July, the ‘Check In QLD’ app will be mandatory for the real estate industry. Additionally, the previous COVID-Safe Industry Plan for Queensland Real Estate will be revoked. and is instead replaced by the COVID-Safe Industry Checklist. From 1am 9 July, agencies will have to have a signed copy of the check list on display at auctions and open home inspections. For more information, please watch the latest video from REIQ CEO Antonia Mercorella.
Queensland Health advises that you remind potential buyers, tenants and staff not to attend open homes, inspections or your office if they are feeling unwell. Agents are encouraged to keep up-to-date with the current Queensland Government’s Restrictions on Businesses, Activities and Undertakings Direction as these requirements are subject to change at any time.
Source:- REIQ coronavirus fast facts https://www.reiq.com/articles/reiq-coronavirus-fast-facts/
Linda 姬琳达珍 and Carlos Debello (LREA)
LJ Gilland Real Estate Pty Ltd
Debello LREA推荐书LJ Gilland房地产
PO BOX 19
电话：07 3263 6085
#Sold June #2021
The information in this message is intended for the recipient named on this email. If you are not that recipient, please do not read, copy, distribute or act upon the message as the information it contains may be privileged and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by return email. Thank you for your co-operation
Please consider the environment before printing this email