Cranberry Christmas Cake
Serves: 8-10 servings
· For the cake:
· 1 box white cake mix
· 1 cup milk
· 3 eggs
· 1/3 cup canola oil
· 1 cup sour cream
· 1 tablespoon orange zest
· 1 cup fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
· 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
· For the frosting:
· 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
· 1 cup butter, room temperature
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· Pinch of salt
· 4 to 4 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
· 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
· 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 3 9-inch round cake pans.
2. In a large bowl combine the cake mix, milk, eggs, oil, sour cream and orange zest. Beat on medium speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
3. Carefully fold in cranberries and pecans.
4. Dived batter evenly between the prepared pans. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before turning onto wire racks to cool completely.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the frosting. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla and salt until smooth. Stir in the orange zest.
6. Gradually add the confectioner’s sugar until frosting reaches desired consistency. Stir in the pecans.
7. Frost between the cake layers as well as the top and sides. Garnish with fresh cranberries or additional chopped nuts, if desired.
Linda & Carlos Debello (LREA)
Removing the hassle from Sales and Rentals.
L J Gilland Real Estate PTY LTD http://www.ljgrealestate.com.au/index.php?lan=ch
OFFICE: (07) 3263 6085
FAX: (07) 3263 5985
MOBILE: 0400 833 800 (C) 0413 560 808 © 0409995578 (L)
POST: PO BOX 19 ZILLMERE QLD 4034
The information in this message is intended for the recipient named on this email. If you are not that recipient, please do not read, copy, distribute or act upon the message as the information it contains may be privileged and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by return email. Thank you for your co-operation
PPlease consider the environment before printing this email.
Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!
Our Office will be closed from
5 P.M 19Th December 2014 to 9 A.M 5Th January 2015